Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Budget photo setup



Just a short one to talk about taking pictures of your minis.

Needless to say there are lots of articles out there on the subject
and while most of them are good I hadn't yet found one that suited my way of seeing miniature photography which has few technical aspects and is mostly on a budget.

Till I stumbled on an article by joe metcalf showing his own budget light box and pointing towards a great article on the matter posted by a certain Cameron on his blog: Rust and the city.
I also very much appreciated the free backdrops from Corvus' miniatures(another blog) shown in these articles.

Anyways hope this helps other amateur picture takers out there...and as always happy hobbying!

6 comments:

  1. Will definately look into those links just now, considering Scotland has plunged into darkness at around 16:00. Merci beaucoup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome!
    Its starts getting dark towards 17:00 here in Paris too so...yeah.
    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! It's amazing what those backdrops, a box, tin foil and a light bulb can do. Also, great blog ;-) Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment!
    very much appreciated. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for the link on the backdrops. I think I will try to print those out and try them for my next pictures. Currently I only work with whites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome! Lately I've been thinking about making my own backdrops...nothing fancy like these but a simple color gradation created with image editing software(gimp).
      Thank you for your comment and kudos on the blog!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...