Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tau commission Part 4: Forge World Broadsides


Two of these were handed to me in a strange state: already assembled on 60mm bases with loads of superglue and a heavy primer sprayed on what seemed to be unwashed resin.


Reassembling these to make them fit on a 40mm was indeed a pain.(client request)
I thought about stripping the primer off but figured it wasn't part of the job I was getting payed for so I then decided to move on...and proceeded to go and brake some very fragile ankles. :s

The color scheme was again a client request:
I went with a base of citadel Khorne red with heavy nuln oil wash followed with highlights of the same khorne red...and though its a quite simple scheme I'm quite happy about how it turned out.




I also went for some blue OSL on those backpacks...afterthought I probably could of gone with a green glow but the blue does seem to give the models some variation.
The bases were done using the usual citadel blackfire texture paint which I won't go on about.

Anyways hope the client likes them, hope you enjoyed, and as always happy wargaming!

2 comments:

  1. Very Very Nice! It makes me miss my painting just now, but the clients orders were, "Study for your exams first" Sad Face :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!
      Hope you'll be able to post some new pics soon.
      Best of luck with your studies! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...