Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Dark Vengeance Part 4: Deathwing Terminators


Here is the squad of deathwing terminators from the dark vengeance box set fully assembled and painted by your servitor.
Having spent quite some time painting these I must agree with my fellow blogger at Twitchy droid Painting Services about the fact that these miniatures aren't really suited for beginner hobbyists.
Because of the shear amount of detail that there is one could easily spend a lot of time picking out every single one on these minis...which is fine when you know what you're doing, but can very quickly become daunting especially for an inexperienced painter.



I sometimes felt submerged by the amount of detail and ended up missing out on some of it just because I was feeling lazy and because I just wanted to get the job done.
I could have kept on working on them almost indefinitely...if I'd felt like it.
It also took me some time to get started on these since it had been a while since I'd painted with a white primer.


Anyways hope you enjoyed and as always happy hobbying!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! What did you use to shade the armour with? I always find it a struggle to shade linen colours like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!
      I replied...shame on me for not using the reply button.

      Delete
  2. White primer then for a base color Bleached bone(which is now ushabti bone I believe)was applied.
    Models were then shaded(I believe this is what your looking for) with a wash of seraphim sepia...finally highlights were done with the bone color.
    Use washes is what you need to do young skywalker: its quite easy just dab it on!
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out real nice. I have never once managed to get this effect right, even doing the same way you have listed above. Job well done sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Very much appreciated. Washes aren't an exact science for me either...
      Thanks for following!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...