Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Assault on Black reach Part 2: Ork boyz


Waaagh!?
Getting these orks ready for tabletop took longer then I had anticipated so I've decided to divide the orks in several parts.

Now its time to answer Pr0Golf3r's question on how I tackled painting green skin.
Well after (very)little research I decided to follow the scheme from Obsidian painting's video tutorials on how to paint...guess what? exactly these orks.

How to paint Miniatures: Assault on black reach part 3: Painting the orks!
How to paint miniatures: Assault on black reach: Ork Warboss Part 1

Unfortunately the color used for the skin in the tutorial is out of print.
The color used was knarloc green which was part of the citadel foundation range.
So I went to find the corresponding color in today's range which is loren green but since the pot is a layer paint I had to go with two layers to have a decent coverage...which explains why it took me so long to get these done.

I also couldn't find the other parts of these tutorials...which seem to be missing from youtube.
Fortunately there's enough information in them so that one can easily try and fill in the blanks.

Nobs are coming next.
Hope you enjoyed, and as always, happy hobbying!






2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really like the ork skin, not too dark and not too florescent, and the quality is superb considering how many there are. I will use that tut for some of the orks I have lying around. Oh and thanks for the shout out haha wasn't expecting that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of them I had trouble getting them all in the picture...and taking decent pictures for that matter.
      Looks like the nobs are turning out good as well...haven't gotten in the roughs with the warboss yet.

      As always thank you for your comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...