Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Tau XV8 crisis suit conversion


Eons have passed... and hi there, I have a blog about minis!
All jokes aside it has been an very long time, so lets get to it!

Having a non-built crisis suit laying around I though I'd take a look at what tau bits I had available to see if I couldn't come up with something original.

This is how I came up with the model's new backpack which is made of the regular tau drones as well as the ones from the riptide.(which are hollow making for an easier conversion)
One of the exhausts that was chopped off in the process was fitted in the middle.
The gun is a bit from a defiler kit as well as plastic tubing from a pen.
The flamer cans is that random bit that a lot of people have...I chose it because I wanted something drastically different looking as well as shorter than the gun on the other arm.
Finally because in the world of converting minis more is not always better, I decided to call it quits.

The color scheme comes from the original scheme of my army only with grey and blue inverted.
Someone on the from tau'va forum had suggested I do this for my characters.
I also had this idea in the early stages of building my army(which was only a decade ago :p) but at that time cringed at the idea of painting light colored models...because overcoming your fears simply IS the biggest part of this hobby. XD



Hope you enjoyed!
Until next time, happy hobbying!

6 comments:

  1. Great mini. Really like the paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man.
      I also forgot to mention I used a double priming technique for this model: whole model primed black then sprays of white at a 45% above angle...
      Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
    2. Très joli ce gris, cela créée un beau contraste avec le bleu...

      Je suis quand même un peu troublé par le design de la fig : ces espèces d’oreilles de mickey repliées sur les épaules... je ne sais pas... je trouve ça plutôt bizarre XD

      Delete
    3. @Morikun Merci à toi!
      Pour le design...bah on peut pas plaire à tout le monde. :p
      Au début je pensais l'appeler XV4 technical suit ou truc un peu fluff...finalement je trouve que l'armure cheezburger lui va pas trop mal. XD

      Delete
  2. Nice work Malthus! Good to see you've still got that paint brush moving keep up the good work and have a good Christmas mate and all the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Not always easy to keep those projects going...
      Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...