Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Eldar Howling Banshees


These guys are part my latest work for my buddy's eldar...not sure if they're any good in game but they sure look cool.
Especially now that I gave them one of the best paintjobs I think I've done in a while...well that's my opinion in any case.

This was my first attempt at NMM gold...my main reason to do so was after watching the following video tutorial by watchingpaintdry.


Though it can easily become tedious it seemed pretty straight forward...and elves, space elves well what's really the difference? ;)
The only modification I made to this scheme was by adding the base color XV88 as my first highlight once the initial wash of agrax earthshade was layed down.
Its kinda tricky to know which areas to actually highlight or how much you want them to be...but I think the video helps in that regard.






As a bonus here's a random pic of a dark vengeance sergeant painted as an ultramarine.



Recepies recepies...write them down or you'll forget them!
Every good painter(which I'm not sure to be a part of) keeps a collection of all his recepies for success...this blog is also part of my attempt at doing so.
I now leave you with these words of wisdom...that and perhaps renaming this blog "isuckatblending .com"

Hope you enjoyed!
Until next time, happy hobbying!


6 comments:

  1. Those look awesome! The Sgt. is also top notch. Are you sure this is your first attempt at NMM? ;) Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First attempt at NMM GOLD that is. ;)
      Thanks a bunch for the compliments!

      Delete
  2. Really like what you did with them, Malthus. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing brush work there Malthus! Upwards and onwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment as always!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...