Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Tau objective and some tutorials


Hey fellas, Malthus speaking and coming in hot with some hobby tips.
Sharing is for the brave, so here are some of the tutorials have come across in these past months and happened to find useful .

Now lets start off with this awesome tutorial from Awaken Realms which is the one I used to complete the painting for my objective.


This paint chipping tutorial achieves one of the best weathering effects I have seen so far.
I basically followed the steps using the 3 AK products listed in this video(Heavy chipping, Rust strikes and thinner) and am quite satisfied with the result even though my airbrushing is nowhere near as good as this guys.

Still on the paint chipping side of weathering, I already featured this tutorial on the blog, but I thought I'd do it again since I still use it ever so often.
And even though this is a more time consuming method for weathering minis it still easily gets the job done:(No airbrush or oil paints needed for this tutorial)
http://bloody-dice.blogspot.fr/2014/02/tutorial-weathering-infantry-with.html

 Another tutorial that caught my attention on this blog(which is defunct I know) is a quite detailed one about applying decals:
http://bloody-dice.blogspot.fr/2014/02/tutorial-applying-transfer-decals.html

For applying my own decals I melted this post with the GW tutorial on decals at the end of this video(starting at 16:04):


Micro/set is a great product I'm sure, but harder to come by and more expensive then using the GW technicals I already have laying around.


Finally a basing tutorial from Next Level Painting in which he displays some weathering techniques used for creating some pretty cool bases.
Though most of the tutorials from this guy use airbrush techniques this one isn't one of them.
It shows off some of the cool effects you can achieve using a simple amount of dry-brushing, GW technical paints as well as weathering pigments.


Thats's all folks! and the end of a somewhat messy exposé, but eh watchagonnado! (said with a NY accent)






Hope you enjoyed!
And until next time, happy hobbying!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work on the tau drone. Thank you so much for the videos. I always appreciate new tips and tricks! You can never have enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, my collection of bookmarks can testify of that.
      Thank you for your comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...