Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Forge World Tau XV107 R'varna battlesuit


Hey there, still here...with another massive model to show off in the form of a r'varna battlesuit.



This riptide arms being pretty big also makes them pretty heavy
Which really makes you realize how much plastic, being such a light material, makes modelling these large models that much easier.



Anyways, here's the dude. His arms are pegded (aka not glued) as per request; The scheme was to be grey with some light grey nmm panels. I retrospect shoulda gone for a brighter look (aka more white) for those panels, but my white is kinda shite that and lets be honest is a pretty hard color to blend.

 

Hope you enjoyed!
And until next time, happy hobbying!

6 comments:

  1. Looks great, your blue and white power glow is good. And grey is a nice militaristic look. Any red panels on this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man!
      Blue is my favorite color to paint.(dark blue around the glow does the trick here)
      No red panels on this one as per request.

      Delete
  2. I like the panels as they are. They are nicely shaded and generate a lot of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paint application is so smooth man I don't know how you do it. Do you start with a white undercoat or is it black? Fantastic job, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't take credit for the smoothness since I did my base-coat with an airbrush(also a huge time saver for covering large surfaces).
      I use a black undercoat 99% of the time but it's a good idea to use white(or even do both: black then white overspray) for lighter colored models.
      Cheers man, much appreciated.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...